Life insurance provident a financial security to family members when policy holder dies during policy term. If policy holder dies during the policy term then family member means policy holder nominees can do claim for that insurance policy.
You should keep this in mind before filing a claim.The entire insurance claim process is offline.Then you have to go to the insurance policy office to do that Where the policy was purchased.
Required documents for filling lic death claim form
- Form 3783 and form 3801 Filling accurately
- Nominees bank account details
- Original death certificate of policy holder
- Nominee policy bond paper
- Nominees pan card
- Nominees national identity card like voter card, aadhaar card.
- Policy holder original valid ID card
- signature of insurance policy death claim officer
With all these documents you have to go to LIC’s office, where the policy was purchased.
How to fill lic death claim form ?
- Go to the LIC main branch office, where the policy was issued and inform them about the death of the policyholder.
- Fill form no.3783 and form 3801 this form issued by Branch Officer.
- NEFT Form to transfer funds to the nominee’s bank account.
- Submit the completed form along with important documents as mentioned above.All documents must be self-certified by you.
- Attach a notification letter which will work as a covering letter policyholder’s date of death, place of death and cause of death.
- Attach with the NEFT form, submit a copy of the cancelled cheque and Xerox copy of bank account holder’s name, account number and bank passbook.
- When you submitted the document, check all documents are clear and legal.
- After submitting LIC officer will verify all your documents.once he successful verification, the officer will begin the process of claiming the death.
- LIC branch will issue a receipt.you should save it for future reference.
If your file successful verify during the process, the final settlement amount is credited to the your account within one month.
Important link to download lic of india forms